Import a custom annotation source
You can use your own annotation source files in Ion Reporter™ Software. If you have annotation data that you want to use, you must first create a new annotation set for the custom annotation source. Then, you can import the files into the new annotation set.
IMPORTANT! Annotation files that have been edited and uploaded from a computer running Microsoft™ Windows OS to an Ion Reporter™ Server running a Linux OS, might have additional characters added at the end of new lines. Use the dos2unix command to avoid potential errors with the software service caused by the characters.
Note: Only one version of an annotation source can be used in an annotation set.
- In the Workflows tab, click Presets.
- Click .
- Enter a descriptive Name for the custom annotation set.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the custom annotation set.
- Select a custom annotation type from the drop-down list:
- Click the Create New tab.
Enter a descriptive Name and Version for the custom annotation source.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the custom annotation source.
- Click Select File, then browse to and select your custom annotation source file, then click Open.
- Click Save.
- The new custom annotation source is added to the custom annotation set.